Within Eventive, pass buckets represents the types of passes that are for sale at your festival (for example, "Festival Pass" or "VIP Pass").
Create a pass bucket
- From the Eventive Dashboard, navigate to your event bucket.
- Click "Pass buckets" in the lefthand navigation.
- Click "Create new pass bucket".
- Enter a name & price for the pass bucket.
- Click "Save changes".
Collect information from passholders
You can collect any information you'd like from passholders via "Supplementary data". Customers enter this information at checkout, and can update their responses at any time (you can also view & edit responses via the dashboard).
Note: We already automatically collect passholder names at the time of purchase, so you don't need to add that as a supplementary data field.
- In the pass bucket editor, select the "Supplementary data" tab.
- Click "Add new field".
- Select a field type and enter a label and (optional) description.
- Click "Save fields".
Create a pass rule
Pass rules are how you can provide automatic discounted / free tickets to passholders. To get started, we'll make a simple discount that gives passholders 1 free ticket to every event.
- In the pass bucket editor, select the "Pass rules" tab.
- Click "Add new rule".
- Under "Target", check "Apply to all ticket buckets".
- Under "Result", enter "100" in the "Percent off" field.
- Under "Use restrictions", check "Only allow one ticket per event per pass".
- Click "Save".
If you're interested in learning more about advanced pass rule creation, check out this article.
List the pass for sale on your site
By default, newly created pass buckets are private -- this allows you to create hidden passes (for example, a special sponsor pass).
You can access the web sales page for your new hidden pass by going back to the Pass buckets list, clicking "View", and then clicking the "Direct sales link" button. You can also sell it via the box office.
If you'd like to list the pass for sale publicly on your site, read on...